Hudson Group is an international retailer and distributor primarily involved in the sport and fashion wear sectors. The Group’s head office is in Malta but is also present through offices in Italy, Cyprus, Morocco, Nigeria and Algeria.
Though Hudson Holdings was founded in 2006, the Group’s roots reach as far back as 1987 when the first pair of NIKE was sold in Malta.
The goal is to establish a safe workplace according to legal standards and foster a culture of attention to health and safety.
The role holder will be responsible for facilitating compliance with occupational health and safety (OHS) guidelines. They will provide advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations.
The ideal candidate will be a responsible individual who swears by OSH regulations. Your work will be largely focused on prevention, so you need to be conscientious and farsighted, detail-oriented, and ready to act in emergencies.
The key duties and responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics.
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures.
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation.
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g., not using protective equipment)
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy.
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes.
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to line manager.
- Stay up-to-date with health and safety regulations and standards.
- Engage in continuous improvement initiatives to enhance safety protocols.
Core competencies, knowledge, and experience
- In depth knowledge of OHSA legislation and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Confident with writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Proficient in MS Office
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- A diploma or better in safety management
- Proven experience as a Health and Safety Administrator or similar role are a plus
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Proficiency in administrative tasks, including record-keeping, report writing, and documentation management.
- Experience in supplier dealings and procurement of safety-related equipment and services