To ensure that all the business processes in a company are risk-management compliant. Assesses company operations for compliance with relevant laws and evaluate how effective such operations has been at implementing its controls into practices.
The key duties and responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Develop, implement, and maintain internal audit policies and procedures in accordance with local and international best practice
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Follow ISA315 requirements and implement policies across the group.
- Identify and assess areas of significant business risk.
- Implement best audit and business practices in line with applicable internal audit statements.
- Manage resources and audit assignments.
- Identify and reduce all business and financial risks through effective implementation and monitoring of controls.
- Compile and implement the annual Internal Audit plan.
- Conduct ad hoc investigations into identified or reported risks.
- Oversee risk-based audits covering operational and financial processes.
- Ensure complete, accurate and timely audit information is reported to Management and/or Risk Committees.
- Ensure that the internal audit policies and procedures are being followed.
- Overall supervision of planned annual audits.
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
Core competencies, knowledge, and experience
- Qualified accountant ideally a certified auditor (CIA)
- At least 3 years of work experience in audit ideally in an internal audit environment.
- Exceptional accounting skills.
- International exposure
- Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent documentation, communication and IT skills.