Purpose of the Role
Execute all activities necessary to ensure efficient store operations, prompt and excellent service to all customers, as well as maximise store sales and customer service experience.rs, as well as maximise store sales and customer service experience.
- Liaise with clients in all areas of sales, providing a highly personalised approach.
- Meet set sales targets – Stock, replenish and clean sales areas.
- Assist client with product selection.
- Process payments of various kinds.
- Offer guidance and suggest products specific to customers’ needs and requirements.
- Deal with customer complaints.
- Utilise specialist product knowledge.
- Monitor and update display areas.
- Count and balance cash register and receipts.
- Stamp or attach price tags on merchandise and/or checks tagged prices to verify accuracy referring to price list.
- Check inventory periodically to obtain reorder information to replenish stock; inform designated staff member of stock requirements.
- Check inventory listing with actual inventory on shelf and report discrepancies to line manager.
- Set up promotional displays; signs and/or arrange merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales.
- Train new sales staff in basic operations and procedures.
- Ensure shop is always clean and tidy and displays are attractive.