The Planner plays a crucial role within the supply chain planning team. The primary responsibility is to effectively manage the supply and demand of products to maximize profitability. The Planner collaborates closely with various teams, including buying, in season traders, marketing & commercial teams to ensure the right products are available in the right quantities at the right time.
The key duties and responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Planning: Utilize historical data, market trends, and sales forecasts to develop accurate Top-down demand plans for each product category/store/country. Collaborate with Banner Managers & buying teams to align product assortment with customer demand and sales targets. Monthly demand forecast and excess projections to be shared with all internal stakeholders in order to minimize the Excess and Obsolete stock
- Open-to-Buy (OTB) Management: Collaborate with the buying team to develop and manage the OTB budget for each season. Monitor actual purchases against the budget and make necessary adjustments to optimize inventory investments.
- Inventory Management: Optimize inventory levels by closely monitoring stock levels, sales performance, and sell-through rates. Analyse data to identify slow-moving or excess inventory and propose appropriate actions.
- Assortment Planning: Work closely with Brand Category Managers to develop a well-balanced and compelling product assortment for each season or collection. Consider factors such as inventory levels, store capacity, market trends, and historical sales data to create profitable and productive assortments
- Sales and Inventory Analysis: Analyse sales performance, inventory productivity, and other relevant metrics to identify opportunities and risks. Provide actionable insights and recommendations to improve sales, profitability, and inventory turnover.
- Reporting and Communication: Prepare regular reports and presentations on key performance indicators, sales analysis, and inventory metrics. Communicate findings, recommendations, and progress updates to cross-functional teams.
- Total Sales & Revenue Growth.
- Inventory Turnover.
- Stock out rate.
- Terminal & Excess stock rate.
Core competencies, knowledge, and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, or a related field (or equivalent experience).
- Previous experience as a Planner or in a similar role within the Retail industry.
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in retail math and inventory analysis.
- Proficient in using planning and inventory management systems.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and ability to think critically.
- Familiarity with fashion trends, customer behavior, and the competitive landscape in the fashion industry.