The Financial Planning Executive’s primary responsibility is to translate the Group’s long term Strategic Plans into operational and financial plans including variance analysis, budgeting, and forecasting.
The key duties and responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Identify and explain variances to forecast, budget and prior-year results and proactively identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Provide support to the commercial teams related to demand planning, reporting and metrics in a timely manner.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross-functional teams at all levels of the organisation.
- Deep dive into financial data and become a subject matter expert to provide additional insights. Identify and understand business challenges and proposing solutions.
- Collaborating with various key stakeholders in relation to corporate projects and initiatives.
- Develop and manage periodic financial updates and performance review/reports for business leaders.
Core competencies, knowledge, and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, finance, accounting or any major or equivalent professional experience is required.
- At least 3 years’ experience in finance, consultancy or accounting or a related area.
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to understand key business performance drivers.
- Experience developing financial reports and metrics and strong analytical and interpretation skills to identify opportunities and actively participate in the operational decision-making process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact and challenge senior stakeholders including audiences of varying financial and commercial acumen to manage financial performance.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint Skills.
- Superior attention to detail and ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities while maintaining a view of the bigger picture.
- Must be able to work independently with diverse and multicultural team.
- Ability to influence key stakeholders within the business.