Role Purpose: Reporting to the Technical Lead, the IT Infrastructure Engineer has a key role in the successful running of the IT function. This person will be responsible to maintain a highly available server infrastructure for deploying instances, applying operating system updates, managing configuration changes, and system tuning. This candidate will have experience with both application and infrastructure, with experience maintaining a hybrid on-prem and cloud infrastructure. The candidate will participate in assessing existing platforms, designing future state, and building transition in order to migrate both applications and infrastructure to a highly resilient environment.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- Build, design, deploy, maintain and lead the implementation of Cloud solutions across multiple public cloud offerings, e.g. AWS, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure
- Help implement the technology direction, vision, and strategy to enable Cloud technology adoption
- Implement and refine cloud future state architectures and roadmaps including architecture standards, guidelines, and industry best practices.
- Responsible for Identity Management
- Responsible for Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery
- Responsible for Document Management Strategy
- Act as project lead around business initiatives such as new office sites, store openings, warehouses, etc.
- Develop, enhance, and maintain automation of cloud enablement tools
- Recognize and resolve all business issues and impact
- Assess urgency of issues and facilitate follow-up and resolution accordingly including service quality initiatives to support a “five nines” product availability environment
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required; maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Participate in the design, implementation and management of workload automation initiatives
- Adhere to firm Change Management, Problem Management policies and familiarity with ITIL or other formalized IT operations foundations.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum 2 years working with cloud platforms
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft and Linux based systems including Hardware, software, networking and storage
- Experience with Microsoft Azure AD DS and Virtualisations such as HyperV and Vmware
- Experience architecting cloud infrastructures on Microsoft Azure for small, medium scale and enterprise level applications
- Broad experience with cloud adoption, including application readiness assessment, prototyping of new environments, server builds, data migration, performance tuning of cloud environments
- Technical knowledge of infrastructure components such as Network, Storage, Linux/Windows, Application knowledge of Java, .Net, and IT security
- Experience with configuring software defined networking and security configurations, including security groups and ACLs
- Experience with DevOps procedures and processes and with working in an Agile environment
- Experience with troubleshooting very complex distributed environments pertaining to connectivity and application performance and monitoring tools and offering high-level strategic planning and advice to an entity that will allow for the successful adoption or migration of Cloud-based technologies or services
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English
- You are able to manage third party suppliers.
- Degree level qualifications in a Technology related subject
- Cisco CCNP Enterprise is required. Candidates with cisco DevNet and Cybercops Associate or above will be highly preferred
- Linux CompTIA LX0-104 or LPIC-1 or better
- Microsoft MCSA Core Infrastructure
- Certifications on Microsoft Azure or Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Vmware Certifications will be an asset. Candidates with any VCP or above certificate are highly desirable