The role holder will be responsible for allocation and replenishment and in season management of stock store. The Merchandiser will work closely with the planner, to ensure financial targets are achieved and customer needs are met. Instigate analysis to achieve clarity of performance and support commercial decisions which drive the business performance by product and store. Identify risks and opportunities, cancellations, returns, markdowns and manage the key sales and profit drivers.
The key duties and responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Supports planning for further translation of plans into collections and Buying (price ranges, colour codes, top flop styles)
- Collecting performance data on style/store level or channel level.
- Have a close cooperation with market/banner/country specialist.
- Getting store feedback, maintaining capacity files per store brand/banner
- Shipment tracker/WSSI responsible – performance tracker no group level / top 10 / flop 10
- Availability of goods
- Supports planner with Merch.
- Work closely with Buying and Planning to deliver the best range for customers and stores through respective analysis.
- Release Orders to relevant stakeholders (brands) within deadlines.
- Support the management of the use of WSSI to deliver accurate weekly plans/forecasts/stocks, ensuring that OTB and MD are controlled and flexed to deliver terminal stock targets.
- Ensure that replenishment, newness, and that the correct options are delivered at the right time.
- Monitor flow of initial allocation as well as reorders to stores by classification and by style.
- Execute Inter-Store Transfers.
- Create and update store\article sizing.
- Analyse bestsellers for gender/store, providing business analysis and reports.
- Review and adjust merchandise distribution plans based on current trends, store performance.
- Manage new opening and refit stock.
- Ensure that stock is managed to reflect the balance between replenishment and newness.
- Review weekly supplier Deliveries Management according to the Delivery plan to constantly handle critical situation, delays and obtain best efficiency on the incoming stock.
- Manage Seasonal Return and Cancellation.
- Markdowns execution according to the plan.
- Monitor best and slow seller, taking action to maximize sales on best seller and reduce stock level on slow seller.
- Weekly update of sales analysis in order to have clarity on the detailed sales and stock situation for each department/category/brand and provide weekly reporting to other departments.
- Responsible for the End Season analysis and review with Buying/Business Analysis/Allocation team in order to identify key issues to take into consideration for the next seasons plan and buy improvements.
- Visit stores to obtain feedback.
- Annual Turnover
- Sell Out
- Terminal Stock
Core competencies, knowledge, and experience
- Diploma in Finance, Engineering, Business Administration, or another relevant field.
- 2 years’ experience as a Merchandiser with a medium to large size retailer
- Computer proficiency with advanced knowledge of Excel is a must
- Strong aptitude with numbers and clear understanding of retail math skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate persuasively, influentially, and responsibly across a broad spectrum of stakeholders.
- Excels in team-environments and in building and developing strong interpersonal relationships, while maintaining an individual determination to accomplish goals.