Directly accountable for product performance. The objective of the role is to ensure that optimum stock levels are monitored and maintained, by brand, by store. To assist in increasing profitability and reducing mark down %.
- Maintain Comprehensive library of appropriate data (Stock cards)
- Detailed Inventory Analysis -Transfers to outlet’s, propose promos for slow moving and clearance of terminal stock
- Monitor sales performance across multiple stores/brands on a weekly, monthly and seasonal basis.
- Collect first-hand feedback from sales force through regular store visits
- Direct Link with Retail Ops to influence product placement and movements in season as well as pre-season
- Propose buy-ups, NOS replenishment, cancellations and inter store transfers
- Pick up on sales trends to influence future buys
- Ability to manage Mark Down business strategy, ensuring profit margins are maximised
- Provide marketing with relative info: Launch dates, styles with depth, assortment info etc
- Ad-hoc requests. Ex; FB Online Store, data issues, outlet pricing, special order requests, uniforms etc.
- Ensure correct mix of product available in all stores across geographical area
- Collate trade feedback from Store Managers
Core competencies, Knowledge and Experience
- 3 years of experience as a Merchandiser with a medium to large size retailer (Desirable)
- Computer proficiency with knowledge of Excel
- Strong aptitude with numbers and clear understanding of retail math skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate persuasively, influentially and responsibly across a broad spectrum of stakeholders
- Excels in team-environments and in building and developing strong interpersonal relationships, while maintaining an individual determination to accomplish goals