Serves as the first point of contact for external or internal customers seeking technical assistance. Provides technical advice and support to effectively help people use computer software and hardware and troubleshoot any issues they might be experiencing.
The key duties and responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- To provide 1st level troubleshooting assistance to internal or external customers over the phone, email or chat.
- To identify the hardware/software used by the user and determine the problem and what actions are causing the problem.
- To determine the best solution based on the information provided by the customers.
- To provide telephone, chat or face-to-face support to customers and guide them through problem resolution.
- To direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- To provide initial training to help users use software and hardware and provide accurate information on IT products and services.
- To install/reinstall new hardware and software.
- To assist Hardware Technicians in setting up computer networks and operating systems.
- To liaise on a regular basis with Software Programmers or Hardware Technicians to discuss common user problems and methods and then to definitively solve these problems.
- To record customer queries and their resolution status and follow up if necessary.
- To keep oneself updated on developments in the software and hardware used by the Company.
- To ensure a high quality/standard of work and service throughout.
- To perform any other duties which may be assigned from time to time.
- Maintenance responsibility of all IT equipment in Retail Stores (Point of Sales, Music, etc.)
- Maintenance responsibility of all IT equipment in Hudson sites (Server room, UPS, Meeting Rooms Setup, Mobile Phones etc.).
- Manage and maintain IT Assets, Support Portal and Service Catalog
Core competencies, knowledge, and experience
- Diploma level qualification in a Technology related subject will be considered an asset
- Certification in ITILv3 or ITILv4 Foundation will be considered an asset
- Familiar with Microsoft products such as Windows, Office365, etc
- Familiar with Network Topologies
- A good communicator and fluent in English.
- Willingness to go the extra mile for supporting colleagues
- Able to work across different shift patterns, and with on-call responsibilities
- Driving License