Position Summary & Objectives
This role will be an integral part of the E-Commerce team, which is responsible for Hudson’s Digital sales Channels , merging retail and ecommerce under one single umbrella.
This role’s primary responsibility will be supporting the ecommerce content team to deliver and maintain the content on the ecommerce websites and marketplaces. The main responsibility will be overseeing the product launch life cycle from the creation of master data, enrichment and to completeness checks. Liaison with Buying and Merchandising to align product data with pricing information and inventory.
Working within the Consumer Experience Digital Visual Merchandising team, he/she will be supporting the execution of our digital visual merchandising strategy, ensuring we’re adapting both our site & product presentation to the needs of our consumer base and in line with our wider business objectives.
- Scan through the digital sales channels (hudson.com and all marketplaces) on a daily basis in order to test the quality of the customer experience.
- Support the marketplace content manager to provide excellent master data. Ensure smooth onboarding of products by following specific attribute requirements.
- Strong link between master data, Buying and Merchandising teams to track assortment and ensure product readiness.
- Work with photography agency and global sales to effectively produce content images on time.
- Assist in merchandising the website, set up and maintenance of all products and catalogues and additional navigational elements according to the marketing & content calendar.
- Work with e-Commerce merchandising team to manage catalogue merchandising and product attributes.
- Assist with new projects with efficient and effective delivery of services by external content providers and agencies, consultants, and partners.
- Support the execution of the digital visual merchandising strategy in your area.
- Support the Execution digital visual merchandising strategy and adapt output to meet the needs of our local consumer and business.
- Drive sell-thru through ongoing improvements to our configurable toolset, with a focus on onsite search, sorting rules, product placement, evergreen content, page content, third party vendors and site configuration.
- Work with analytics on ongoing improvements to be tracked and validated on an ongoing basis.
- Input into Merchandizing, Data and marketing teams’ insight to drive template/functional changes that are needed to support and drive our websites merchandise experience
- Work closely with Marketing Activation, CRM, Buying, Site Ops and SEO/SEM to ensure wider cross-channel campaigns are translating into tangible, logical site experiences
KPIs and qualitative measures
- On-site conversion rate – as KPI for all eCom team members
- Content updates on time
- Landing pages preparations on time
- 100% completion for on-site content, e.g. photos and descriptions/translations for product catalogue
- Content preps for promotions or any other sales-driven activities
Qualification & Functional Competencies
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in relevant area.
- At least 1-2+ years of relevant experience in e-commerce.
- Must have experience with Microsoft Office products (Excel proficient).
- Experience with web-based content management systems (Shopify, Magento).
- Experience with PIM system a plus.
- Basic skills in HTML and XML as well as image editing tools.
- Strong affinity towards eCommerce
- Strong communication skills – you should be able to adapt your message to your audience, be it developers or executives
- AB/MVT testing experience
- Extreme attention to detail is a must for this position.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as accept direction on given assignment.
- Must be flexible and can effectively prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Data driven mindset. If you do not have a passion for data, this role is not for you.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; for example, demonstrated through reporting and presentations in a business context.
- Fluent in ENGLISH (2nd language is a plus).