Stock Room Keeper
The role holder is responsible for the management of all stock that passes through the stockroom. They will be responsible for the full cycle of stock from receiving, checking and moving deliveries to categorising and moving to the shop floor.
The key duties and responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Oversee stock deliveries according to store & company policy.
- Process stock delivery ensuring that boxes are checked thoroughly.
- Carry and move boxes from delivery pallets to ensure smooth opening of stock.
- Sort through boxes of stock delivered and divide merchandise to be transported to their specific store sections.
- Handle the clearing of boxes and pallets after deliveries have been processed.
- Train new sales staff in basic operations and procedures related to stock room organization.
- Track, document, and resolve any discrepancies on received orders.
- Ensure the inventory system is accurate by updating records of physical inventory totals, receipts, adjustments, and returns.
- To make the most efficient utilisation of available storage space.
- Support on shop floor as required if stock room/s are fully in order.
Core competencies, knowledge, and experience
- Knowledge of operating a stocktaking IT system
- Well organised, methodical and accurate
- Trustworthy and of high moral integrity
- Must have a hands-on approach
- Physically fit to move and/or lift objects and operate stores machinery
- Must be knowledgeable on inventory procedures and stock handling methods