Purpose of the Job
To Manage and be accountable for all store operations according to company standards and guidelines; to ensure the provision of prompt and courteous service to all customers in order to maximize sales and customer service, so as to promote the company’s image of quality and professionalism.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Monitor shop floor, staff performance and manage deployment rota in most cost-effective way, whilst maximising sales
- Recruit, manage, train and motivate all team members, whilst respecting company policies and employment laws. Hold regular team briefings/update meetings. Ensure relevant HR procedures are followed in a proper way (i.e. monitoring of performance, one-to-one meetings, appraisals, discipline, grievance and other and report to direct line manager).
- Train new sales staff in all operations and procedures; Ensure that all personnel practices professional salesmanship within the guidelines of company policy and department procedures in order to achieve maximum sales and provide the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Check inventory periodically to obtain reorder information to replenish stock; inform designated staff member of stock requirements.
- Manage cash and payment systems, credit, discounts, returns and exchanges in accordance with company procedures and policies.
- Execute and monitor selling and customer service activities and staff competence in these areas, so as to optimise and sustain sales performance, profitability and customer satisfaction.
- Report on costs and overheads, and all factors affecting the profitable performance of the shop.
- Following guidelines, implement planned shop merchandising, layout and customer traffic flow so as to maximise sales, customer satisfaction, appearance, image and ergonomics for customers.
- Ensure that the delegation structure is in order and properly managed and train the responsible management team to act on your behalf in your absence.
- Liaise with other departments as necessary.
- Seek and continuously develop knowledge and information about competitor activity, pricing and tactics, and communicate this to relevant departments in the Company.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Assist planning, forecasting, report on sales, costs and business performance, according to company requirements.
- Ensure that shop floor and store are clean and tidy at all times.