Execute all activities necessary for the efficient operation of the store; to ensure the provision of prompt and courteous service to all customers to maximize sales and customer service, to promote the company’s image of quality and professionalism.
The key duties and responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Ensure that the retail outlet functions smoothly and to give direct support when necessary.
- Ensure that all KPI’s such as sales budgets, conversion and UPT are monitored and that there is an ongoing team effort to reach the set KPI’s and more.
- Assist the Brand and Operations Manager in the development and implementation of plans related to the retail outlet.
- Ensure that the outlet visitors are provided with a unique experience in line with the company branding.
- Order stock in line with forecasted demand considering changes in fashion, technology, and other demand determinants.
- Ensure adequate exposure to customers to be knowledgeable about customer wants, complaints, and suggestions.
- Implement all security measures to avoid items being stolen from the retail outlet, both internal and external.
- Ensure that all shop employees give the best level of customer care at all times.
- Coordinate the work of the Shop Assistants by establishing working areas, product specializations, and work rosters.
- Deal with customer queries and complaints effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure that all legal requirements regarding the shop are in order.
- Collect, check and reconcile daily cash takings of the retail outlet, deposit such takings, and inform the Finance Department accordingly.
- Ensure that the retail outlet is well maintained and coordinate and monitor all repair or upgrading work carried out in the retail outlet.
- Ensure that the Shop Assistants have all required support in terms of equipment and products to provide a more efficient and professional service.
- Check that all items within the shop are free of defects, properly displayed and correctly priced.
- Establish a good relationship with all members of staff thus ensuring that they are motivated to work to the maximum of their capabilities.
- Ensure a high quality/standard of work and service throughout.
- Direct the team in meeting their work objectives.
- Train and appraise the performance of the team.
- To perform any other duties which may be assigned from time to time
Core competencies, knowledge, and experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working in a retail store, ideally occupying a supervisory or leadership role
- Familiarity with financial and customer service principles
- Proficient user of MS Office
- Leadership and organizational abilities
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem-solving attitude
- Flexibility to work in shifts
- Sales driven with a good understanding of KPI’s, in order to keep the team updated and push to reach targets;
- Strong communication & feedback to direct team including key HQ departments;
- Mentor and pass on any training and knowledge provided to team.